Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Update 1 of 3

First off let me say, I am so sorry it took me so long to update. You will understand why in update #2. I triggered last Tuesday night at 11:30pm, and my retrieval was scheduled for 11:30am Thursday morning. I was nervous, but not to bad. Kyle and I enjoyed Wednesday in Portland with no Dr's appts, and celebrated by going to the outlet mall. Thursday morning we arrived at the Dr at 10:30. Kyle was taken back almost right away so he could do his part. I waited what seemed like forever for my turn. Finally they called me back. They first went over everything that would happen, and second I got a nice shot of Demerol in the ass. She said it would relax me and make me dizzy, but it wouldn't kick in for about half an hour. I swear less than 5 mins later, I was a dizzy, relaxed, babbling idiot...LOL. The nurse came in and started my IV.  The Dr did one last ultrasound, and I was moved to the room for the procedure. On the way the nurse made my take a bathroom break, and we were on our way. I got all set up in the room, they gave me some more drugs and the retrieval started. I was awake, but sedated for the whole thing. I felt so much of it though, I cried through half of it it hurt so bad. The dr said I was metabolizing the meds to fast, lucky me...LOL I remember the first 15 mins, and the last 15 mins, but nothing really in the middle. I remember the hearing the embryologist saying "no egg" or "have an egg" and getting pissed because I was 2 eggs in 5 follicles to start. In the end the dr said we got 28 eggs out of 40 or so follicles, so I was happy..LOL. After the procedure, we left and started on the long drive home. I felt ok, not really sore, nor was I really bloated. The dr was going to have me start progesterone the next day incase I had no signs of OHSS and we could do the transfer. When we got home I quickly packed because I was leaving out of town for an over night work trip the next day. I woke up the next morning, and thats where update # 2 will start.

No comments:

Post a Comment