Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Update #3....Fertility Report

So I know this is what your all waiting for, and Im sorry it took me so long to post it. We ended up getting 28 eggs!!!!! I was so thrilled. All of them were mature, which was amazing. The Dr called the next day and said that out of the 28 eggs 22 fertilized. That was amazing news. I had this fear that none would fertilize, but apparently my eggs and Kyles sperm love each other. The Dr called us daily with our fertility report, and each day we were more and more amazed. In the end we froze 18 GRADE AA embryos(thats as good as it gets) 16 on day 5 and 2 on day 6. It was more than we ever expected, and we feel so blessed. The Dr is still shocked that we got that many. He was actually so pleased with the quality that he said if I didn't suffer from OHSS so bad, he would want to talk to me about donating my eggs in the future. That made me feel good, like for once I did something good. We will transfer in April, and I can't wait. The Dr did send me a couple pics of a couple of the embryos, and I cried, showed them to everyone and made them my desktop background.....LOL Im a proud mama!!! My husband is also so proud and showed them to all his friends to.....hahah. My sister thinks one looks like a T-rex and one looks like a teddy bear...LOL

1 comment:

  1. I'm just getting caught up on all of your posts from the past week, since I've been laid up myself from post-retrieval pain. First off, I am so sorry you got OHSS. I can't imagine just how much of a disappointment it was to learn you have to wait for trasfer. But also I am so happy you got so many great embryos to freeze!! That is amazing!! I can't wait to hear what happens in April. :)

    ReplyDelete