Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Update #2....OHSS

Yup, you read that right, I woke up the morning of my work trip with OHSS. I was in so much pain, couldn't sit, stand, laugh, cough, walk, pee, nothing. It was a 7 hour train ride, and I was miserable. I knew OHSS was always a possibility, but honestly didn't think it would happen. Despite all the pain and bloating I had a great time on my work trip. I got home Saturday night, and really didn't think things could get any worse, boy was I wrong. The pain and bloating continued to get worse and worse, and only stopped getting worse today. So far I have gained 13lbs in water and look 6 months pregnant(cruel joke). The dr wanted me to sleep sitting up, so I have slept in the recliner for 4 nights and that just plain sucks. My back is what hurts today, or maybe my front does to I just don't notice it over the severe back pain. I did wake up with my back swollen today, which was a super strange feeling. When the Dr first told me I was at risk of OHSS, and he didn't want to do a transfer because it gets worse if you get pregnant, I thought he was exaggerating, I thought I could handle it, and it would be no big deal. I will tell you what, Moderate OHSS is enough for me, I couldn't handle anything worse. Im hoping in the next couple days the swelling goes down, and therefor the back pain will subside. I have been in constant contact with my Dr(he calls every day) and he says I should start getting better in the next day or so. Oh, throwing up is also a sign, and very unpleasant when it happens....Yuck.

I was asked the other day if I regret going ahead with the retrieval and if I wish I would have cancelled the cycle, and the answer is HECK NO!!! With PCOS you risk OHSS, we knew that, but you also risk having poor quality eggs, so in my opinion the more eggs the better chance of having some good quality ones. I would do it all again if I had to....although I hope I don't.

No comments:

Post a Comment