Friday, March 30, 2012

Gizmo July 2003-March 2011

Gizmo was my cat, he was my baby, he was amazing, he died a year ago today. Maybe most people don't believe an animal can have a huge effect on your life, but gizmo changed me. He had a liver shunt, he had an equilibrium problem, he had a hate for the litter box, but to make up for that, he loved to cuddle, followed me everywhere, bathed with me, went for walks on the leash, rode in the car(when he was a baby, not as an adult), loved his belly being rubbed, loved more than anything to be held and made me laugh, cry and smile all the time. He made infertility more bearable because I got to take care of him, he was my baby. He was on a special diet, he took certain meds daily, and like a baby, I had to know where he was at every second. I spent countless hours looking for him, when all along he was hiding under the bed....LOL When they say animals can be therapeutic, they are right, Gizmo calmed me down, cheered me up, and helped me heal. About a week before he passed away he hurt his arm, he tore something and couldn't walk on it. I spent 5 nights sleeping on the floor in the living room with him, so I could make sure he was comfortable and didn't hurt it further. I hand fed him food to make sure he ate, held the water dish to his mouth so he would drink and massaged his arm because the vet said it would help. I could go on and on about how unique and awesome he was, but this is all making me cry, so I will stop now and just post a couple of pics(because I took more pics of him than some people do of there kids...LOL)


One of many of my fav pics of him

Gizmo dressed up as a pirate for Halloween 2010

1 comment: