Sunday, March 4, 2012

My advice

I was asked the other day what my biggest piece of advice would be to couple suffering with infertility. I kinda laughed because I couldn't think of just ONE piece of advice. So I thought I would share it here. Please know that this advice is based off of my experience, and everyone's situations are different, so some of this may not apply.

1. To me this is the most important, TRUST YOURSELF. I found for me that I knew my body better than anybody. I knew when I was going to ovulate, I knew when something was wrong, I knew when to ask for help and I knew when listen to my Dr. You also need to stand up for yourself. If you know something is wrong tell your DR, if your uncomfortable with something say it, and if you want to try a different method, medication, procedure, SAY SO.

2. Have an amazing support system. I couldn't have done this without the amazing support from my husband, my mom and dad, my sister, my grandma, my husbands family, my co workers, my boss's, all my friends in real life, and all my online friends.You need to have people to talk to, people who are excited for you and people who will always be in your corner.

3. Choose the right Dr. I went through several Dr's before I found the one I trusted to do IVF with. It wasn't easy to choose because they all seem awesome(because they all tell you what you want to hear). I was lucky enough to have a couple friends(Lauren and Sam thank you) who helped me choose. They guided me in the right direction, and were my voice of reason most of the time. I wasted a lot of time in the past with the "wrong" Drs, so it was a huge relief to find one I love. I just wish I would have found him sooner.



There are a million more pieces of advice I could give, but to me those are the most important.

No comments:

Post a Comment