Friday, March 16, 2012

Its getting closer.....

We are just over a month away from our FET. Right now I am just excited and anxious......talk to me again in 4 weeks though....LOL. My RE called me last night and we came up with a plan. I am on birth control now and have been for 2 weeks. The reason we chose to do that is because I have PCOS so I could ovulate at any time and for our FET everything needs to be timed perfectly. I start estrogen pills on the first full day of my period. Funny thing, I went to the pharmacy to pick up my prescription, and really thought it would be a couple hundred dollars for the meds. I stood there Visa card in hand waiting for my total, and when she said "that will be 8 dollars please" I swear my visa smiled at me. The Dr said he would mail me my calendar and the hard copy pics of my embryos. I always feel bad for him when he calls me, because I attack him with a thousand questions....LOL Todays questions were all about embryo quality. I wanted to know how we choose which ones to transfer first. He said normally the best quality ones are the ones they use first, but in my case since all 18 are grade AA, we just use what we grab first. I then wanted to know what happens if they thaw out at a low grade. He said that if one thaws well, and the other doesn't, we have to choices.......transfer the one good one, or thaw 2 more and transfer 3.....Thats scares me, and it scares Kyle, and even the Dr wasn't to keen on the idea. So I guess I will just pray that the first 2 thaw nicely.

Im sorry the blog has been kinda boring lately, we are just kinda waiting for the next step and that IS boring.

3 comments:

  1. I am still in pure amazement that you had 18 embryos to freeze. That has to take alot of stress off your back for sure. Hoping your four weeks passses by quickly!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am still in pure amazement as well...LOL Due to the PCOS we were prepared for some very poor quality eggs. I feel very lucky!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just read your other post about having 18 top quality eggs and I am soooo excited for you!!!! Seriously, so excited! :D

    ReplyDelete