Monday, January 9, 2012

Many thanks yous!!!!!!

My husband has been my rock through this whole thing. He is kind, understanding, funny and sweet. He is the guy who flipped me head first off the bed so his "men" wouldn't fall out...haha. He keeps me sane, and makes me insane all at the same time. When we first started trying to have a baby, he was doing it for me, not because he was ready, but because he wanted to make me happy. In august 2008, Kyles good friend had his first son Aiden, and it opened Kyles eyes to what fatherhood was all about. He was in awe of this tiny little person, so sweet and so small. He was so much more open to the idea of having a baby after that. In march 2011 Aidens baby brother Mason was born and it was game on for Kyle.  He always knew he wanted a baby, but with the birth of Mason, he was now 500% ready. I do have to remind him though, that not all babies are like Mason, they don't all sleep through the night at a month old......LOL He is going to be an amazing dad because he is an amazing man and amazing husband. I couldn't and wouldn't have wanted to do this with anyone else.

Next, my Mom. I seriously have no words to describe how lucky I am to have my mom. Yup, I sure am getting all teary eyed as I write this.....hahaha. Im sure she will shed a few to...we're big babies. She has known every detail from day one. She is my cheerleader, my support system, my shoulder to cry on and my best friend. She knows exactly what to say, or what not to say when words just won't work. She is happy when Im happy, pissed off when Im pissed off, and cries when I cry. ** Can someone hand her a tissue** This whole journey has been tolerable because of her, and I will never be able to repay her for all that she has done for me.

My sister has also been a big support for me. She listens when I talk, and no detail is to much for her which I love. I can be myself without judgement, and everyone would be lucky to have a sister as wonderful as her. I did tell her she can't get pregnant before me, and so far she is listening...LOL

My Dad is also awesome, although we spare him the details...LOL He knows just enough to keep him in the loop. He is going to be a wonderful Grandpa...or Papa(im not sure...Im thinking Papa, but I guess I will leave it up to im...LOL). I can't wait to see him hold his grandbaby(ies) for the first time.

My Grandma as also helped me more than she will ever know. She will let me talk about this for an hour, and maybe say 3 words(while im pausing to breath), and I just feel like i've had the best conversation. She is just such an amazing woman, and I am so truly blessed to have her in my life.

I also have a great group of girls at work. I am an open book, so everyone I know knows what we are going through. I know so many women who don't like to talk about it, but I love it, it's like therapy and I work with 30 therapists. They all let me blab all day long about ovaries, ultrasounds, semen analysis', painful injections, IUI's and so much more, most of which is in GREAT detail(if only my husband actually knew how much these girls know about him). Everyone is very understanding when I need a day off, or an hour off, or 5 minutes to cry. They cheer me on through everything, and never seems annoyed when I just won't shut up, and for that I will be forever grateful.

Kaitlin and I became friends instantly, and after knowing her for about 6 months she became pregnant with her son. On March 9, 2011 Mason was born. It was one of he most amazing days of my life. Mason is a huge part of my life, and keeps me sane. I love that little boy, and so does my husband and he has brought us so much joy, that I can't imagine how I will feel when its my own...Yup, Ill probably explode. When I need a baby fix Kaitlin lets him come for a sleepover, when I get a new baby carrier, she brings Mason over so I can try him on it, and when I am having bad day she brings him over to snuggle. I am very lucky to have such a wonderful friend. She is always there for me, day or night. She gets mad when Im mad, brings me chocolate when I need it, and makes me laugh until my stomach hurts. She is a true friend that I will always have in my life.


I also have a great group of friends that I have never met in real life(ok I've met a few). We all met on a forum years ago and have remained friends ever since. Anyone would be lucky to have a group of friends like this who are sweet, smart, honest, blunt, funny, give you a virtual hug when you need it, and virtual slap when your acting crazy. I tell them every detail, and I mean every detail of whats going on, and in return, I get support love and understanding. We are all at different places in our lives, some have kids, some have multiple kids, some are trying and sadly some are struggling like me. I wish more than anything that we all get to be mothers one day.....one day SOON.

I am also very lucky to have so many other wonderful understanding supportive people in my life, and for them I am forever grateful. I am also so blessed to have a wonderful family on my husbands side, who have truly been wonderful throughout this whole adventure.

No comments:

Post a Comment